Two new group leaders appointed
Our research center continues to grow: Thomas Voets, a world-leading expert in TRP-channel research, and Lucía Chávez-Gutiérrez, specialized in gamma-secretase and the biochemistry of Alzheimer's, join us as new group leaders!
FWO grants for our researchers
Congratulations to all FWO grantees! Many people at our center were awarded a fellowship or had their fellowship renewed: FWO-PO Postdoctoral fellowships for Dan Dascenco, Emanuela Pasciuto & Ulrike Pech. FWO-ASP PhD fellowships for Jasper Janssens & Sien Van Daele, who will be working at the Aerts and Van Den Bosch labs, respectively. Ana Cascalho, Erika van Nieuwenhove, Dirk Vandekerkhove, Tijs Vandoorne & Yessica Wouters' FWO-SB PhD fellowships were renewed, as well as Robin Lemmens' clinical mandate. Many congratulations to everyone!
ALS fundraiser with Simon Mignolet
Simon Mignolet, goal keeper with the Red Devils, hosted a dinner to raise funds for ALS research. Of course Ludo Van Den Bosch and Philip Van Damme joined the party to raise awareness for the disease and much needed research. Looking sharp!
- Really exciting to have Arnold Kriegstein @UCSF visit us today. Great talk and discussions! https://t.co/MFXhkpXvuS14 hours ago
- We are part of this effort for the neurodegeneration aspect. Please contribute your knowledge on non-animal methods… https://t.co/PfNMiZHkgZ23 hours ago
- RT @AdrianListon: CyTOF mini-symposium, April 25 9am-12pm, O&N4 auditorium. @LeuvenU @CBD_VIB @vib_ccb @InflamResCen come and hear from our…2 days ago
- Congratulations to Maria Szaruga from the Chavez-Gutierrez lab on obtaining this travel award! #mdpibiology https://t.co/g3PQknnwgc2 days ago
- Talking to patients and carers about research in fruit flies at the World #Parkinsons Day in Ghent @VLparkinsonliga… https://t.co/ViQoGb8q3w5 days ago
- RT @JossyGarciaP: Today I got to teach girls about science. And I got to show them that they can be scientists too #science #STEM #girlsSTE…5 days ago
- RT @VIBLifeSciences: Motivated Dystonia researchers from Rose Goodchild lab. Raising awareness for importance basic research into molecular…5 days ago
- RT @jonykipnis: NIH is after neuroimmunologists! If you are on the job market, consider to apply to this position and please RT. Neuroimmun…7 days ago
- RT @dystoniaeurope: Prof Goodchild fr Leuven: More dystonia research is needed! #dystonia #dystoniaawareness #dystoniathelittleknownbraindi…7 days ago
- JBC publishes a special issue on mitochondria and autophagy, featuring not one, but two @Verstreken_Lab papers! Hap… https://t.co/FkzRTB5bqW7 days ago