Two new group leaders appointed
Our research center continues to grow: Thomas Voets, a world-leading expert in TRP-channel research, and Lucía Chávez-Gutiérrez, specialized in gamma-secretase and the biochemistry of Alzheimer's, join us as new group leaders!
FWO grants for our researchers
Congratulations to all FWO grantees! Many people at our center were awarded a fellowship or had their fellowship renewed: FWO-PO Postdoctoral fellowships for Dan Dascenco, Emanuela Pasciuto & Ulrike Pech. FWO-ASP PhD fellowships for Jasper Janssens & Sien Van Daele, who will be working at the Aerts and Van Den Bosch labs, respectively. Ana Cascalho, Erika van Nieuwenhove, Dirk Vandekerkhove, Tijs Vandoorne & Yessica Wouters' FWO-SB PhD fellowships were renewed, as well as Robin Lemmens' clinical mandate. Many congratulations to everyone!
ALS fundraiser with Simon Mignolet
Simon Mignolet, goal keeper with the Red Devils, hosted a dinner to raise funds for ALS research. Of course Ludo Van Den Bosch and Philip Van Damme joined the party to raise awareness for the disease and much needed research. Looking sharp!
- RT @sebastianmunck: Happy to be part of the excellent program @CBD_VIB @BioImagingCore https://t.co/Yue23Obnu215 hours ago
- RT @AdrianListon: Meta-science communication - tweeting about an interview on how I use twitter... https://t.co/U4vZOYWOF9 https://t.co/Eb1…21 hours ago
- RT @drgroen: Very interesting new paper by @LuVaDeBo lab on FUS-ALS: combination of mechanistic insights and possible novel therapeutic tar…21 hours ago
- “How do you model a disease that there is no known cause for?” @LuVaDeBo on #ALS in @nature https://t.co/Ks0Uoj1uND21 hours ago
- @steinaerts is in the audience but you could be too. Follow the #humancellatlas meeting via live stream! https://t.co/lSFmFZ8eH5yesterday
- @steinaerts is in Israel for #humancellatlas meeting. We're looking forward to hosting first #flycellatlas meeting… https://t.co/50g10R1FzZ2 days ago
- From ALS whole genome sequencing to TRP channels: diversity of the CBD on display at today's progress seminars. https://t.co/tMsdAGpJmH2 days ago
- Latest @NatureComms paper from the @LuVaDeBo lab is out and already trending on @ncbi_pubmed. Congrats to the entir… https://t.co/ZyJGCGwSeZ2 days ago
- See you at 1 pm for an update from these guys: Yeranddy Aguiar Alpizar (Voets group) & Matthieu Moisse (@LuVaDeBo g… https://t.co/B7HV5ypQlg2 days ago
- Congrats to Laleh & Ladan Khodaparast (Switch lab) on winning the award for best experimental designers at mass spe… https://t.co/PMuk4HbgEG3 days ago