Two new group leaders appointed
Our research center continues to grow: Thomas Voets, a world-leading expert in TRP-channel research, and Lucía Chávez-Gutiérrez, specialized in gamma-secretase and the biochemistry of Alzheimer's, join us as new group leaders!
FWO grants for our researchers
Congratulations to all FWO grantees! Many people at our center were awarded a fellowship or had their fellowship renewed: FWO-PO Postdoctoral fellowships for Dan Dascenco, Emanuela Pasciuto & Ulrike Pech. FWO-ASP PhD fellowships for Jasper Janssens & Sien Van Daele, who will be working at the Aerts and Van Den Bosch labs, respectively. Ana Cascalho, Erika van Nieuwenhove, Dirk Vandekerkhove, Tijs Vandoorne & Yessica Wouters' FWO-SB PhD fellowships were renewed, as well as Robin Lemmens' clinical mandate. Many congratulations to everyone!
ALS fundraiser with Simon Mignolet
Simon Mignolet, goal keeper with the Red Devils, hosted a dinner to raise funds for ALS research. Of course Ludo Van Den Bosch and Philip Van Damme joined the party to raise awareness for the disease and much needed research. Looking sharp!
- RT @VIBpeople: Tuesdays are for @CBD_VIB Internal seminars where we hear about some of the exciting work going on in our community. Importa…2 hours ago
- This week's @VIBpeople curator is our very own @vinoy Vijayan. Tune in peeps! He'll be at our #ScienceDay19 on Thu… https://t.co/vBEebuFZZQ2 hours ago
- RT @embojournal: Lucía Chávez-Gutiérrez et al @CBD_VIB find that direct extracellular interaction between gamma-#secretase subunit #nicastr…16 hours ago
- Today in the lab, tonight in the pub: Pierre Vanderhaeghen at #pint19BE! https://t.co/7kyh75pKdCyesterday
- RT @elsa_lauwers: So happy to run the #20kmbxl with my dad and support the #Demoucelle Parkinson Charity ! #runforparkinson @MissionLucidit…yesterday
- The @LuVaDeBo lab closes off 3 fantastic days in Tours at #ENCALS19! #ALSresearch https://t.co/Bo2CGyralH3 days ago
- Spotted on the right: Katrien Neyrinck and Elisabeth Rossaert from the @LuVaDeBo lab both among the poster prize wi… https://t.co/N03F2imPye4 days ago
- RT @_Makeityours: #ProjectMinE partners gathered in Tours at #ENCALS. We're halfway on profiles, more te come! Thanks to donations and coll…4 days ago
- Making a video about why we need better drug delivery routes into the brain, and how we plan to address this challe… https://t.co/ukr9Mx8k6D4 days ago
- Two of our PIs will be at @pintofscienceBE in Brussels next week! Get your tickets now to join them in KFK Hope to… https://t.co/X6qtO2eq1a4 days ago