Two new group leaders appointed
Our research center continues to grow: Thomas Voets, a world-leading expert in TRP-channel research, and Lucía Chávez-Gutiérrez, specialized in gamma-secretase and the biochemistry of Alzheimer's, join us as new group leaders!
FWO grants for our researchers
Congratulations to all FWO grantees! Many people at our center were awarded a fellowship or had their fellowship renewed: FWO-PO Postdoctoral fellowships for Dan Dascenco, Emanuela Pasciuto & Ulrike Pech. FWO-ASP PhD fellowships for Jasper Janssens & Sien Van Daele, who will be working at the Aerts and Van Den Bosch labs, respectively. Ana Cascalho, Erika van Nieuwenhove, Dirk Vandekerkhove, Tijs Vandoorne & Yessica Wouters' FWO-SB PhD fellowships were renewed, as well as Robin Lemmens' clinical mandate. Many congratulations to everyone!
ALS fundraiser with Simon Mignolet
Simon Mignolet, goal keeper with the Red Devils, hosted a dinner to raise funds for ALS research. Of course Ludo Van Den Bosch and Philip Van Damme joined the party to raise awareness for the disease and much needed research. Looking sharp!
- Several open postdoc and PhD positions across our different labs. From neurobiology, to immunology, bioinformatics… https://t.co/o4W8sZiyD94 hours ago
- Abstract deadline for the 2018 Belgian Brain Congress is coming up soon! Send in your work before Aug 31st… https://t.co/UsffS1PJIw4 days ago
- RT @NatRevImmunol: In this month's #JournalClub, Adrian Liston recalls papers from the 1980s that eluded for the first time to tolerogenic…4 days ago
- RT @NatRevNeurosci: The density and function of hippocampal CA1 #synapses are regulated by three classes of leucine-rich repeat-containing…6 days ago
- RT @NeuroCellPress: Synapse art, and combinations of LRR proteins that specify synaptic identities. De Wit lab, https://t.co/dm4h4AnTxr htt…6 days ago
- Aelin Therapeutics in @destandaard today as one of the most promosing biotech companies in Flanders! … https://t.co/dGfWAaRLmK6 days ago
- RT @sebastianmunck: @CBD_VIB @PNASNews @NeuroCellPress @schubertcm Great work and great images. This one was made by our great Katlijn Vin…6 days ago
- Journal Club @PNASNews on recent @NeuroCellPress paper from the de Wit lab: 'Sticky proteins play crucial role in t… https://t.co/M5JrhnC8bl6 days ago
- Full steam ahead with single cell research at @VIBLifeSciences: latest findings from the labs of @steinaerts (… https://t.co/ydAOtI9v5n7 days ago
- All smiles at Castelldefels after a great Gordon Research Conference! @DeStrooperLab Chavez-Gutierrez lab https://t.co/KyjXJ8jVEo10 days ago