Two new group leaders appointed
Our research center continues to grow: Thomas Voets, a world-leading expert in TRP-channel research, and Lucía Chávez-Gutiérrez, specialized in gamma-secretase and the biochemistry of Alzheimer's, join us as new group leaders!
FWO grants for our researchers
Congratulations to all FWO grantees! Many people at our center were awarded a fellowship or had their fellowship renewed: FWO-PO Postdoctoral fellowships for Dan Dascenco, Emanuela Pasciuto & Ulrike Pech. FWO-ASP PhD fellowships for Jasper Janssens & Sien Van Daele, who will be working at the Aerts and Van Den Bosch labs, respectively. Ana Cascalho, Erika van Nieuwenhove, Dirk Vandekerkhove, Tijs Vandoorne & Yessica Wouters' FWO-SB PhD fellowships were renewed, as well as Robin Lemmens' clinical mandate. Many congratulations to everyone!
ALS fundraiser with Simon Mignolet
Simon Mignolet, goal keeper with the Red Devils, hosted a dinner to raise funds for ALS research. Of course Ludo Van Den Bosch and Philip Van Damme joined the party to raise awareness for the disease and much needed research. Looking sharp!
- Kom op dinsdag 12 februari naar Leuven voor een publieke lezing over #Alzheimer en het onderzoek van Bart De Stroop… https://t.co/FHjACmY0Ni3 days ago
- RT @ShorterLab: To halt brain diseases, drugs take aim at protein traffic jams that kill neurons: https://t.co/NJtqLatLmG3 days ago
- It's Dr. Eykens now! Congratulations! - https://t.co/VWEWXy0FvY https://t.co/gRkX8RWhAN3 days ago
- Our first progress seminar of the year is by Sergio Gabarre, postdoc at our microscopy expertise unit.… https://t.co/HwzWPZ2yaM3 days ago
- RT @JeroenPasterk: The 4th Dutch Neurodevelopmental Disorders meeting will be organized in Utrecht on March 14, 2019, keynotes by Joris de…4 days ago
- In 2019, we'll be seeing a lot of @fpolleux: visiting PI at our Center and at the @KU_Leuven Department of Neurosci… https://t.co/lTSF4CCVnG6 days ago
- RT @alzforum: A secreted fragment of APP (not Aβ) latches onto GABA receptors and stifles neurotransmission. https://t.co/h3Cf7uR9L0 https:…6 days ago
- In today's edition of the @destandaard: new role for APP (in Dutch), on work by @HeatherRicePhD et al. #Alzheimers… https://t.co/sNkGOQ0j8U7 days ago
- RT @Leuven_MindGate: Terecht trots! Voor wie het nog niet wist: Mission Lucidity is een Leuvens initiatief om dementie uit de wereld te h…9 days ago
- RT @vrtnws: Nieuwe functie gevonden voor eiwit in hersenen alzheimerpatiënten https://t.co/Pxu87oshw1 #vrtnws10 days ago