Two new group leaders appointed
Our research center continues to grow: Thomas Voets, a world-leading expert in TRP-channel research, and Lucía Chávez-Gutiérrez, specialized in gamma-secretase and the biochemistry of Alzheimer's, join us as new group leaders!
FWO grants for our researchers
Congratulations to all FWO grantees! Many people at our center were awarded a fellowship or had their fellowship renewed: FWO-PO Postdoctoral fellowships for Dan Dascenco, Emanuela Pasciuto & Ulrike Pech. FWO-ASP PhD fellowships for Jasper Janssens & Sien Van Daele, who will be working at the Aerts and Van Den Bosch labs, respectively. Ana Cascalho, Erika van Nieuwenhove, Dirk Vandekerkhove, Tijs Vandoorne & Yessica Wouters' FWO-SB PhD fellowships were renewed, as well as Robin Lemmens' clinical mandate. Many congratulations to everyone!
Steven Boeynaems wins Treeway award
Steven Boeynaems recently obtained his PhD and starts a postdoc at the Gitler lab in Stanford. Right before he left, he won the Treeway Graduate Program reward. Congratulations, Steven!
Wenting Guo wins prize for oral presentation
Many congratulations to Wenting Guo from the Van Den Bosch lab on winning a prize for her oral presentation at the 1st International Doctoral Student Conference held by the Zhejiang University in China. Great job, Wenting!
ALS fundraiser with Simon Mignolet
Simon Mignolet, goal keeper with the Red Devils, hosted a dinner to raise funds for ALS research. Of course Ludo Van Den Bosch and Philip Van Damme joined the party to raise awareness for the disease and much needed research. Looking sharp!
Ana Cascalho wins best poster prize
Many congratulations to Ana Cascalho (Goodchild lab) on winning the first prize for her poster presentation "Torsins inhibit Lipin to regulate nuclear membrane composition and morphology"
at the EMBO/EMBL meeting on the Molecular and Cell Biology of Membranes in Heidelberg!
Alzforum writes about Phase Transitions meeting
Exactly 1 month after we kicked off our 'Phase Transitions in Biology and Disease' minisymposium, Alzforum published an online article about it. They gave an excellent overview of the discussions, check it on Alzforum.
Research council award for Rodrigo Gallardo
Rodrigo Gallardo from the Switch lab received the KU Leuven Research Council Award in Biomedical sciences. What an amazing achievement and distinction!
Many congratulations, Rodrigo!
New BD FACSymphony
The FACS core, led by Adrian Liston, acquired a new BD FACSymphony, a novel cell analyzer enabling the simultaneous measurement of up to 50 different characteristics of a single cell.
Visit the FACS core's website to find out more about how you can access and use it.
- RT @LucassenPJ: Great talk on microRNAs in relation to neurogenesis in Alzheimer's disease by Evgenia Salta @eurogenesis #AAIC17 @CBD_VIB @…2 days ago
- RT @Dunn_School: Remember! @Dunn_School seminar by @AdrianListon today at 2pm. Activating inflammation.2 days ago
- RT @vibbioinfocore: Save the date for #ABLS18 in Leuven at @LeuvenIrelandEU - 8-9 March 2018! We will be there! https://t.co/BJoQnbisrX5 days ago
- Congrats to Katlijn Vints on winning A DIAMOND @TheCrick EM symposium this week! @Labtech_EM @RoyalMicroSoc… https://t.co/W1PZjF4JIF5 days ago
- @BrtDeStrooper at #ErlWood50 symposium https://t.co/GwNbqDtdJk5 days ago
- RT @InflamResCen: @VIBLifeSciences @ugent @InflamResCen We are hiring! Many vacancies for PhD students. https://t.co/AeC1OrCCah6 days ago
- RT @AdrianListon: The case for funding based on past performance rather than endless grant writing is strong and is used by @HHMINEWS and @…6 days ago
- RT @slinnarsson: Nature: Single-cell biology (current issue theme) https://t.co/gR5rdm4Ftx12 days ago
- RT @J_N_Slayer: Lovely @nature primer video on #ALS #motor neuron disease @mndassoc https://t.co/VLQK1I3eWp12 days ago
- RT @kalender_atak: I was told by @PLOSONE that my first paper was one of #plosmostcited. Quite proud and happy https://t.co/SFJ03m3BWl12 days ago