A survival guide for PHD Students
This guide helps PhD students navigate some of the challenges of early career researchers. The Optimist is brought to you by three multi-talented PhD students: Donya Pakravan, Joni Vanneste and Matthias Koch.
Read more about removing barriers in science, about Johan Swinnen's PhD and Tijs Vandoorne 's life after the PhD.
- Competition in Science
- interviews with PI Lynette Lim and former postdoc Julie Nys
- tips on improving your online visibility
This issue of The Optimist is focused on mental health.
In this edition, read all about:
- Ego’s in science
- PI interview with Sandrine Thuret
- PhD interview with Damya Laoui
- Supporting the next generation of science
- PI interview with Ludo Van Den Bosch
- PhD interview with Luk & Idoya from Somersault
- Biased leadership?
- PI interview with Joris de Wit
- PhD interview with Jeroen Aerts
- Publication obsession?
- PI interview with Adrian Liston
- PhD survival tips, and much more!